Happy Friday! Yesterday I previewed the spring 2012 collection from David’s Bridal. I know some folks consider David’s Bridal boring and predictable (and sometimes quite frankly they are) but they’re such an accessible resource for you brides getting married with a gang of bridesmaids and/or bridesmaids living in different cities. David’s Bridal is also affordable — let’s face it, your maid of honor might be a single, childless 20-something making close to six digits but your matron might be a stay at home mom with two kids and a baby on the way…Their priorities and levels of disposable income are probably quite different. In addition, I appreciate that their sizes fit a wide range of body types because chances are everyone in your bridal party is not 5’9 and a size 4.
Here are a few trend highlights from DB that you can look forward to seeing next season:
- As predicted, the Royal wedding started a slew of trends in the bridal market. Two big ones that DB honed in on are gowns with lace bodices and white bridesmaids dresses. Fascinators are also prevalent.
- Subtle touches of color — particularly blue and pink — are being incorporated into gowns via rosettes and other 3D accents.
- There is an increase in bridal gowns that “match” flower girl dresses. Too cute!
- Expect a wider array of cocktail/party style dresses that are perfect for a stylish second wedding, rehearsal dinner or reception dress. (Think 50s fit and flare silhouettes.)
- To accommodate the growing number of couples opting for destination weddings, DB has a plethora of styles and accessories that lend themselves to island nuptials. I particularly noticed lots of coral.
Below are pics of the pieces that especially caught my eye at the press preview. Leave a comment telling me your fave item and why.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!