I briefly chatted with newlywed Jeanine about her debut last night on WeTV’s Bridezillas. (I realize most of you were tuned into the BET Awards so here’s a mini-recap for you, too.) The highlight of her nuptials? Walking out on her husband during the reception! My thoughts on this popular show haven’t changed since this post, however I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to get the inside scoop on Jeanine and her — ahem — colorful wedding day. For the record; she is still married. Check out the Florida mom’s top 5 tips for managing in-laws as a newly married pair plus a couple of her budget tricks for the frugally conscious bride. Remember folks, there is something to be learned from everyone. Yes, everyone — even a bridezilla.
1) Jeanine readily admits that she and her hubby Thomas were “raised very differently and have very different values”. She agrees that it is important to discuss household expectations before getting hitched for a smooth(er) transition into husband and wife. Hindsight is always 20/20, isn’t it?
2) “Once you get married, in-laws become extended family. Brides, make sure your future-laws [and your family] understand this early on,” explains Jeanine.
3) “Thomas and I are still legally married but our relationship needs a lot of work. We have a two year-old together and are committed to being good parents,” Jeanine reveals. Looking at the bigger picture is usually an asset to tackling life’s challenges.
4) “A wedding is a costly event. Stop trying to please your guests,” warns the outspoken new wife.
5) Jeanine and Thomas wed on a Thursday. She boasts, “I saved about 75% by getting married on a Thursday rather than a weekend.” Remember, Saturdays are not the only days of the week to say “I Do”.
Tell the truth, did you watch Jeanine’s antics on Bridezillas? What do you think of her advice?