Jetting off to Las Vegas or Miami are expected destinations for bachelorette fun but did you ever consider turning up in Washington, D.C. for your last days as a single woman? Surprisingly, there are lots of ways to make that “last fling before the ring” trip unforgettable in Chocolate City. Check out our roundup of where to stay, play and eat for a truly memorable bachelorette trip in the nation’s capital!
WHERE TO STAY – $$$ For luxe metropolitan digs, book a suite at the sophisticated Dupont Circle Hotel. Expect to receive top-notch amenities like modern furnishings, access to Bar Dupont and the Cafe Dupont Restaurant for drinks and grub without ever having to leave property plus a 24-hour fitness center.
$$ A sleek lobby, posh rooftop with views of the White House and an in-house Bliss Spa are all reasons you might want to check-in at the W Washington, DC.
$ For more bohemian home away from home accommodations, Akwaaba Bed & Breakfast is an option to consider. (An excellent choice if the bride is a literary lover.)
*BONUS* If you don’t mind spending a few extra coins and rather bypass the nightlife bouncer scene for total R&R, look no further than Salamander Resort & Spa, located about 45 minutes south of Washington, D.C. in Middleburg, VA. Horseback riding, breathtaking spas and picturesque views are what this property promises.
WHERE TO PLAY –
- The National Harbor offers everything from food, over 150 shops and even a Ferris wheel
- Shopping in Georgetown (A stop into Georgetown Cupcake for celebratory sweet treats is a must but be prepared to wait as there’s usually a line.)
- People watching in the U Street Corridor
- Get your drink and dance on at The Park on 14th or look into the special Bachelorette Party Packages at The Huxley. Keep the action going by catching a live show at Echostage or The Fillmore (in nearby Silver Spring, MD)
- Enjoy pampering, sip bubbly and reminisce on funny ex-boyfriend stories at the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa (2 DC locations) *The luxurious spa treatments at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel never disappoint either!
- Surprise the soon-to-be Mrs. with a chair or pole dancing class from Fortify Fitness or Pole Lady Pole Fit
- Schedule a sexy boudoir photo shoot with an area shutterbug. One DMV-based photographer to consider is Olesha at Oh Experience!
- If strip clubs are your thing, stop into Camelot or Stadium (The latter is a fave of many pro-athletes and hip-hop stars like Drake.)
- Thankfully taxi cabs are plentiful in the District and the Metro is a safe and reliable source of transportation during the day. But just in case you’re concerned about walking in those 4-inch heels after a long night of partying…Keep DC Bachelorette Limousine on your radar.
WHERE TO EAT – For an authentic DC meal on the go, head to the legendary Ben’s Chili Bowl (you might bump into the likes of Mary J. Blige or even President Obama). Searching for an artsy yet still casual vibe? Check out Busboys & Poets; there are several locations in the DMV area. Upscale soul food can be found at Marvin and Eatonville. For a snazzy place to eat while dressed to the nines for Instagram worthy pics (because you know you’ll wanna), consider Gryphon, The Lost Society or STK. If the bride-to-be is really feeling adventurous, dip into one of the city’s many Ethopian restaurants — perhaps the best outside of Africa — or ask a native Washingtonian for the 411 on scoring some yummy chicken with mambo (or is it mumbo?) sauce!
The biggest tip to remember for a bona fide unforgettable bachelorette trip whether you’re in Washington, D.C., staying in your hometown or globe-trotting? Have f-u-n!
Revisit Cousin Mars’ epic bachelor trip here + get more travel 411 here then leave a comment sharing where you’re planning to celebrate your bachelorette festivities!